HMD global, the Finnish company that released the Nokia 6, Nokia 5 , Nokia 3 and the 2017 iteration of the Nokia 3310 has announced its fourth Android Phone dubbed the Nokia 8 .Unlike the likes of Galaxy S8 and other phones with edge-to-edge screens & minimal bezels , the The big highlight of the Nokia 8 is the vertical dual camera setup and ‘bothies’ feature .
The Android flagship Nokia 8 which obviously is positioned to drag Market shares with likes of the LG G6 , HTC U11 , iPhone 7 and Samsung’s Galaxy S8, is made entirely of a well polished aluminium body and will be available in Blue, Tempered Blue, Steel and Polished Copper color options .
Where to Buy Nokia Android Phones & Pay On Delivery
The new Nokia 8 is splash-proof, but not waterproof with IP54 rating, so the device can survive a slight rain shower but dipping the phone in a bowl of water or rainfall means yous should be ready to part away with your Money. Just below the display , the Nokia 8 has a fingerprint scanner on its home button , while is a USB-C port and dual speakers are located below .
The major selling point or the highlights of the Nokia 8 is the camera. The Nokia 8 camera is a collaborative work between HMD and Zeiss and comes with some special features which will set it aside from other flagships .
At its rear, the Nokia 8 has two vertically positioned set of dual rear cameras – a 13MP Colour sensor with OIS along with a13MP Mono sensor , while at the front , there is same 13MP camera sensor with same configurations. Adding juice to the Nokia 8 is a PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash on the rear camera as well as the Zeiss Optics branding used on older Nokia phones.
Further more , the Nokia 8 cameras comes with a Dual-Sight Mode which HMD Global reffers to as Bothie mode. The Bothie Mode allows uses to broadcast themselves to the World either through photos or live video using both rear and front camera simultaneously . With the Bothie Mode , you can take /snap photos or record video using both the front and rear cameras in Split screen mode which yon can then live streamed on Facebook or YouTube directly using the camera app .
Elsewhere , the Nokia 8 comes with a 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass , 2.5D glass and powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with a clock speed of 2.4GHz and Adreno 540 GPU.The Nokia 8 is available in two RAM and Storage versions – a 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage as well as a 6GB RAM and 128GB storage version .The later will only be available in Gloss Blue color variant,but both versions comes with support for microSD card expansion up to 256GB .
The Nokia 8 is lighted by a 3090mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging and boot stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box . HMD Global says the Nokia 8 will get a regular dose of Android O update when it becomes available .
Nokia 8 specifications
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD LCD display at 554ppi pixel density, sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 700 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android O
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP (Colour) primary camera with OIS + 13MP (Mono), ZEISS optics, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- 13MP auto focus front-facing camera with ZEISS optics, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.4˚ lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Barometer
- 3.5mm headphone jack, 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, NFC
- 3090mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
You can get the Nokia 8 later in in early September in Polished Blue, Tempered Blue, Steel and Polished Copper color options and comes with a price tag of 599 Euros (US$ 700 / Rs. 44,990 approx.) .
The Nokia 8 price when available in Nigeria will range from N150,000 -N250,000 depending on where you are buying from . Kenya , Ghana and Uganda will also be getting the Nokia 8 before the end of the Year .
The Nokia 6 , Nokia 6 and Nokia 3 are all now available to buy from Nigeria via various online stores including Jumia Jumia , Konga , Yudala and other online stores .