The ear is the organ of hearing and, in mammals, balance. In mammals, the ear is usually described as having three parts—the outer ear, the middle ear and the inner ear. The outer ear consists of the pinna and the ear canal.
Table of Contents
There are two common types of ear infections:
CAUSES OF EARACHE
- Ear wax
- Inflammation of the middle ear
Two home remedies for earaches
Be it garlic, tea tree or olive — people swear by putting oil in the ear to help with ear infections. While garlic does have antibacterial properties, Dr. Nguyen-Huynh urges caution. If you’re using it for a middle ear infection, it won’t get to the source of the problem. And even if you do have a hole in your eardrum, there aren’t studies showing it’s safe to put garlic in there.
2. OTC numbing drops
Dr. Nguyen-Huynh recommends avoiding numbing drops. “The effect is very brief, and sometimes it does the opposite and stings the ear.”
3. Try sleeping with your head in an elevated position.
4. Take a mild pain reliever such as ibuprofen or paracetamol.
5. Aspirin should not be given to children under 16, unless on the advice of a doctor.
6. Apply a warm or a cold flannel to the side of your head, see which feels best for you.
For any important information please contact us Email GadgetsNg email@example.com[Button id="1"]