It is always a very painful thing when one mistakenly deletes something from his system storage medium, be it hard disk drive, SD Card, USB Flash Drive, etc. At times, it could be due to mistakenly pressing some shortcut keys, or a third party unaware of the importance of a file could go and delete it. Whatever the situation might be, many people are clueless, and often end up forgetting about the lost files altogether. Today, we’re introducing to you a data recovery tool for Windows PC Users — Tenorshare Any Data Recovery tool.
Any Data Recovery tool by Tenorshare Co. Ltd is a user-friendly tool that can be used to recover any type of data or file lost in any way. Whether you deleted the files by pressing Shift + Delete on your keyboard, or you permanently deleted everything in the Recycle Bin, Tenorshare Any Data Recovery has got you covered. And whether it’s on your Laptop, Personal Computer (PC), USB Flash Drive, Micro SD/XD/TF/CF Card, Memory Stick, External Hard Disk Drive, Camera, Mobile Phone or your Music Player, Tenorshare Any Data Recovery will recover them all.
Tenorshare Any Data Recovery can recover all file types and extensions, including photos (.bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, etc), audios (.mp2, .mp3, .aac, .flac, .wav, .aac+, etc), videos (.mp4, .3gp, .3gpp, .webM, etc), archives, database files (.dat), documents (.doc, .docx, .xls, .ppt, .pdf, etc) and many more.
The process of installing and using this tool to recover your lost or deleted files on any of your storage systems is easy. The following guide will take you through the steps.
How to use Tenorshare Any Data Recovery Tool on Windows PC
What you need:
- A computer system running Windows (Vista/XP/Win 7/Win 8, 8 Pro, 8.1, 8.1 Pro/Win 10).
- Tenorshare Any Data Recovery Tool (download here).
- Storage device on which you wish to recover files.
- Download the tool using the link above.
- Click on the .exe file to install the software.
- Click on Next and Agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use, choose your preferred install location and finish the install.
- Launch the Tenorshare Any Data Recovery Tool.
- On the application’s main screen, you can see the different file types recoverable. Tick the boxes before the one(s) you want to recover.
- Click on Next at the bottom right of the application.
- You will be taken to a screen where you can select which storage medium you want to scan for lost files. All storage media you have connected to the computer will be shown here. Make sure you select the right storage medium to scan.
- After choosing the storage device to scan, click on Next at the bottom right of the screen.
- The application will start scanning the selected storage device for lost or deleted files. You can see the scan progress bar at the top left of the screen.
- The first scan is usually fast and a lot of results will be displayed. If you’re not satisfied with the results, click on Deep Scan at the bottom left of the screen. Note that this scan mode will take a long time, but more extensive results will be shown.
- While the Scan is ongoing, you can Pause it when you find what you’re looking for, or Stop it altogether.
- When the scan is complete, browse through the results to find your desired file(s). There are three tabs on the results page: Path where you can browse through results based on their file location; Type where you can view results based on file type. This is useful when you are searching for multiple file types (pictures, videos, etc); and Time where you can browse through results based on the time they were created or modified.
- You can also view the results in four different modes: Preview, Thumbnail, Details and Preview Pane. These are also found on the top right side of the results page.
- In an instance where there are a lot of results, you can search for a specific file by name using the Search Bar located at the top right corner of the results page.
- When you finally find the lost file you want to recover, double tap on it to preview, and click on Recover when you’re sure it is the right file.
- Choose the location you want to save the file to, and click on Save. Here, it is important to note the warning “Please DO NOT save file to the partition where your original file is located.”.
- Wait for the process to complete, your lost/deleted file has been successfully recovered!
- If you’re pressed for time and wish to come back to the scan in progress or the scan results later, you can simply pause or stop the scan as described above, and click on Export Scan Status.
- Choose the location where you want to save the scan result file with the .res (Recovery State File) file extension.
- Then later when you are ready, simply open the Tenorshare Any Data Recovery Location, click on the first of the buttons described below to import the scan results.
Tenorshare Any Data Recovery Tool UI Features
The User Interface of the application is cool and easy to use and navigate around. Apart from the normal recovery options present, the app packs additional features to make your experience with it worthwhile.
These extra features can be accessed via the below buttons located at the top right corner of the app at every point in time.
The buttons are discussed from left to right below:
Import Scan Result
The first icon is used to import previous scan results that were saved with .res file extension. Click on it, then navigate to the file location and open it.
The Second button from the left contains the following menus:
With this button, you can return to the default file type setup page of the application at any time.
The application comes with its own separate Help child application that can be accessed in the app by pressing F1 in the main application.
Here you can view info about the current version of the application you have installed on your computer. The version of Tenorshare Any Data Recovery Tool used in this review is version 188.8.131.52, which is the latest at the moment.
How To Get Tenorshare Any Data Recovery Tool for PC
There is a trial version of the app, as well as a Pro version. The main difference is that with the trial version, you can only recover lost/deleted files up to a size limit of 500MB. After reaching that limit, you won’t be able to use the recovery function again, and will be prompted to upgrade to the Pro version. The Trial Version can be downloaded here for free.
With the Pro version, you can recover as many files as you want, without worrying about file size limit. The Pro Version can be purchased here starting from $49.95. You might want to get yours now, as discounts are currently ongoing.
Alternatively, if you have the Trial version already and want to upgrade to the Pro version, it can be done in-app. Simply click on the second UI button as explained above, and choose Buy Now to purchase, or Register if you have a valid registration code.
Tenorshare Any Data Recovery Tool for PC has been around for many years now, and has come a long way from the first time we heard of it. The software does what it claims to do, and today we can say it’s one of the best in its field. It’s what I’m currently using, and I don’t intend changing it soon!