Chinese Giant –Xiaomi has announced the Redmi 3 Smartphone, a meta clad Smartphone that offers Spectacular Specifications at a very affordable price range. Its 5-inch HD screen delivers clearly visible under bright sunlight and it is coupled with a 4100mAh battery capacity that doubles that of the Xiaomi Redmi 2 which is about 6 months old in the Market now.
The Xiaomi redmi 3 is encased in an 8.5mm thick unibody metal body with a 5inch HD display ,an Octa-Core Snapdragon 616 SoC,2GB of RAM and an expandable 16GB of ROM (UPTO 128GB).It is fitted with a a 13 MP PDAF camera which according to Xiaomi has 0.1s focusing times.
The device runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with MIUI on top and it is fueled by a 4100mAh battery. The Xiaomi Redmi 3 supports hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the secondary nano SIM slot as a microSD slot when required.Check out the Xiaomi Redmi 3 full specs below;
Xiaomi Redmi 3 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery / 4100mAh (typical)
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 will statrt selling in China as from January 12th at $107 (Rs. 7,140 approx.) Available color options are Dark Grey, Silver, Gold and Classic Gold .We are not sure when the Xiaomi Redmi 3 will be available globally .When available in Nigeria, the Xiaomi Redmi 3 price will range from N20,000 – N25,00 depnding on where you are buying from.