GFXBench listing suggests a Oneplus 3 Mini smartphone
We’ve seen several OEMs produce a “mini” version of their popular flagships, but in recent times, the trend seems to be dying down. Instead of a mini version of the Oneplus 2 according to rumors then, the Oneplus X was launched, and it was a far cry from bing a true mini version of the Oneplus 2.
Hope for mini versions of high-end devices were lost when the Z-series of Sony mini smartphones was discontinued, the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact being the last of them. Though the Apple iPhone SE is a smartphone in this regard, since its launch nothing has been seen of mini versions of flagship devices.
A new GFXBench listing is indicating that there might be a mini version of the flagship Oneplus 3 smartphone which was released two months ago with 6GB RAM. Though the GFXBench listing doesn’t state the name of the device and leaves it as unknown, folks over at GSMArena think it could be a Oneplus device because of the INVALID CyanogenMod OS listing of the phone. CyanogenMod and Oneplus once worked together on the Oneplus One, so the possibility can’t be ruled out.
From the listing, the new device is going to have a 4.6-inch display with 1920
* 1080 pixel resolution and multi-touch support of 5 fingers. It will be powered by a Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC with maximum processing speed of 2.2GHz, and graphics will be handled by an Adreno 503 GPU.
It’s going to have 6GB of RAM like the Oneplus 3, and 64GB of internal storage of which 53GB would be available for use. The device is seen to have a 16MP primary camera with the same resolution with that on the Oneplus 3 – 4640
* 3480. An 8MP front camera will also be present and it will come with a single SIM slot. The device on the listing will run Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box.
Here is a summary of the specifications of the purported ‘Oneplus 3 Mini’
- 4.6-inch Display with 1920
*1080 pixel resolution
- Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Processor chip
- Two 1.6GHz cores
- Two 2.1GHz cores
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB ROM
- 16MP Rear Camera with Flash, 4K Video Recording, Autofocus, Face Detection, HDR
- 8MP Front Camera
- Single SIM Slot
- Sensors –
- Light Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Step Sensor (Pedometer)
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
It may turn out at the end that these listings are not for a Oneplus 3 Mini device, or are not for any smartphone at all, but the only thing we can do for now is hope, and we advise you to take the information with a pinch of salt.