sinus infection is the inflammation of the air cavities at the passages of the nose.
Sinus can be caused by infections, allergies, and chemical or particulate irritation of the sinuses.
Most people do not spread sinus infections to other people.
classification of Sinusitis are as follow:
- acute sinus infection
- sub acute sinus infection
- chronic sinus infection
- infected sinusitis
- noninfectious sinusitis
18 signs and symptoms of sinus infection or sinusitis
1. Headache due to pressure in partially or completely blocked sinuses. The pain may increase when the person bends down.
2. Facial tenderness and/or swelling when facial areas over sinus areas are touched.
3. Pressure or pain due to mucus pressing on sinus tissue or inflammation of sinuses.
4. Fever due to inflammation of sinus tissues and infection.
5. A cloudy, discolored nasal drainage is often seen in bacterial sinus infections.
6. Congestion is a feeling of nasal stuffiness, and occurs with both infectious and non-infectious sinusitis.
7. Post nasal drip is mucus overproduction from sinusitis that flows to the throat and irritates throat tissue.
8. Sore throat is inflammation of throat tissue by post nasal drip.
9. Cough is a response to post nasal drip and body’s attempt to clear out throat tissue irritants.
10. Tooth pain caused by pressure on surrounding nerves and tissues
11. Ear pain caused by pressure on surrounding nerves and tissues
12. Eye pain caused by pressure on surrounding nerves and tissues
13. Fatigue due to fever, immune response and/or coughing
14. Bad breath usually is due to bacterial infections
15. Itching/sneezing – In noninfectious sinusitis, other associated allergy symptoms of itching eyes and sneezing may be common, but may include some of the symptoms listed above for infectious sinusitis.
16. Nasal drainage usually is clear or whitish-colored in people with noninfectious sinusitis.
17. Ulceration can occur with rare fulminant fungal infections with sharply defined edges and a black, necrotic center in the nasal area. Some fungal infections cause dark, black-appearing exudates. This requires immediate medical evaluation.
18. Multiple chronic (over one to three months) symptoms usually are a sign of subacute or chronic sinusitis
For any important information please contact us Email GadgetsNg email@example.com[Button id="1"]