Announced along side the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 with Minimal bezels , the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 is the 2017 refresh of the Mi Note series and the successor to last year’s Xiaomi Mi Note 2 . Been a high end phone , the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Packs virtually all what is expected of a 2017 phone . The device in every sense is extremely similar to the Mi 6 announced earlier this year , except for the bigger display.
Where To Buy Xiaomi Phones in Nigeria & Kenya
In terms of designs , the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 is a look alike of the Xiaomi Mi 6 with same designs ,curved edges on all four sides,enticing blue color options and fitted with dual rear camera as well as a front-facing fingerprint scanner.
List Of Latest Xiaomi Phones With Their Prices
While the Xiaomi MI 6 uses a a stainless steel frame , the new Xiaomi Mi Note 3 uses a stainless and comes with a with a 5.5-inch screen with FHD resolution ..The Xiaomi Mi Note 3 is powered by a Snapdragon 660 processor along with 6GB RAM and 64GB of storage .The device is also available available in 6GB RAM and 128GB storage variant. The 6GB RAM and 128GB storage variant. is more or less the same as the base variant except that one is available in blue and the other in black color .
Elsewhere , the Xiaomi Mi Note 3 comes with exact camera setup as the Mi 6, featuring dual rear 12MP imaging sensors with 4-axis OIS LED flash , wide-angle lens, 2x optical zoom , while a 16MP shooter with “Adaptable AI” beautifying modes for selfies and video calls is located up front .
The Xiaomi Mi Note 3 is with a front facing Fingerprint sensor as well as an AI based facial recognition feature that allows you to unlock the smartphone with just a glance. Xiaomi says the face unlock can be as secure and fast as a fingerprint scan .
As for the battery capacity , Xiaomi has reduced the 4070mAh battery on the Note 2 to a low 3050mAh battery with Quick Charging 3.0 and USB Type-C. The Xiaomi Mi Note 3 like the recently announced Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 will boot Android 7.1 Nougat with MIUI 9 out of the box .
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display with 550 nits brightness, 94.4% NTSC color gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP camera with 1.0 μm pixel size, 52mm portrait lens, f/2.6 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera, 2μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 152.6×73.95×7.6 mm; Weight: 163g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh (typical) / 3400mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
Price and availability
The Xiaomi Mi Note 3 ranges from about $380 for a 64GB black model with 6GB of RAM, rising up to $460 for a 128GB blue/gold model .
Thr Mi Note 3 price when available in Nigeria will range from N180,000 – N200,000 depending on the model and where you are buying from .