The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 is Xiaomi latest phone and the successor to the 2016 Xiaomi Mi MIX with bezeless display . The device highlights slightly smaller display, a bottom bezels that is about 12% narrower than the original Mi MIX , a hidden sound-guided speaker and an ultrasonic proximity sensor.
Where To Buy Xiaomi Phones in Nigeria & Kenya
In terms of designs , the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 is obviously rounded, representing a deviation from the sharp lines initially used on the original Xiaomi Mi MIX. The device is made of pure aluminum frame enveloping a ceramic back panel, while the special edition Mi Mix 2 slated to be released later uses a full unibody ceramic design.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Specifications
In termsof specs , the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 flaunts a 5.99-inch FHD (1080×2160 pixels) 18:9 display with a pixel density of 403ppi and a DCI-P3 colour gamut. Powering the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 is a Snapdragon 835 SoC with up to 2.45GHz clock speed along with 6GB of RAM for the regular edition Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 and up to 8GB RAM for the Special Edition.
The regular Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 is available for grab in 64/128/256GB storage options while the special variant is only available in 128GB option . Non of the storage variants is however expandable .
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 uses a 12 MP rear camera – a reduction from the 16 MP of the Mi MIX , but with a larger 1.25μm pixels to allow for more light . The camera feature a 4-axis optical image stabilization , a 5-piece f/2.0 aperture lens, record 4K at 30 fps and 720p at 120 fps.
It comes with a 5 MP front facing camera with 1080p video shooting , real-time beautify technology, selfie countdown and face recognition technology, so you’ll always be able to snap the shot exactly when you want to. The front facing camera just like that of the Mi MIX is oddly placed at the bottom of the face of the device , so you would have to turn your device upside down to use the camera .
Elsewhere , the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 despite having a smaller display compare to the latest Samsung galaxy Note 8 packs a battery capacity that is slightly larger than that of the Note 8 . With a 3,400 mAh battery capacity complimented by Qualcomm’s QuickCharge 3.0 technology, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 should allow users a whole day of full use on single charge .
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display with 1500:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage , 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage (Special Edition)
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with facial recognition, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 151.8x 75.5 ×7.7 mm; Weight: 185g (Standard); Dimensions: 150.5x 74.6 ×7.7 mm; Weight: 187g (Special Edition)
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
The regular Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 is available in Black color with four-sided curved ceramic body with aluminium alloy frame , while the Special Edition with full ceramic body is available in Black and White colors .
As for pricing ,the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 is priced at $500 for the 64GB variant , $550 if you want the 128GB version while the 256GB model will retail for $610 . The special edition Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 with all ceramics body , 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage is priced $720 .
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Price when available in Nigeria will range from ₦180,000 – ₦ 250,000 depending on the version you are going for .