Unveiled along side the Mi Note 2, Xiaomi’s latest flagship device, is the Xiaomi Mi MIX a concept phone which is actually already in the production process and will soon be available to buy .
Designed in partnership with French designer Philippe Starck , the Xiaomi Mi MIX’s highest selling point is its all ceramic build which gives it a very luxurious look and the complete absence of visible bezel on either sides of the device .
Unlike the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 , the latest Xiaomi Mi MIX has a full ceramic body, which extends to its rear cover , the entire frame up to the side buttons.
Where To Buy Xiaomi Phones in Nigeria & Kenya
For the lack of top bezels , the traditional proximity sensor has been replaced by ultrasonic technology , while the usual earpiece has also been replaced with a Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic system which allows you to listen to calls without the earpiece.
Still as a result the lack of upper bezel , the selfie camera on the Xiaomi Mi MIX is now located at the bottom, and is said to be using a custom sensor that’s 50% smaller than the average camera sensor .It also has a fingerprint sensor placed rightly below the rear camera lens .
Elsewhere , the Xiaomi Mi MIX comes with an extra large 6.4-inch edgeless display, with a 91.3% screen-to-body ratio , a 1080×2040 resolution and is powered by a 2.35GHz quad-core Snapdragon 821 SoC, along with 4GB of RAM. Like the Xiaomi Mi Note 2 , the Xiaomi Mi MIX is also available in 6GB RAM model and up to 256GB non expandable storage .
Other specs include a 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash , 4400mAh with quick charge 3.0 , 4G VoLTE , WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C and NFC support .
Xiaomi Mi MIX specifications
- 6.4-inch (2040 x 1080 pixels) display with 17: 9 aspect ratio, 500nits brightness, 1300: 1 contrast ratio, 94% NTSC color gamut
- 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB DDR4 RAM with 128GB internal (UFS 2.0) memory / 6GB DDR4 RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 192Hz / 24-bit DAC chip
- Dimensions: 158.8 x 81.9 mm x 7.9 mm; Weight: 209 g
- 4G VoLTE , WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4400mAh (typical) / 4300mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
Xiaomi Mi MIX Price and Availability
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available in China later in November in black color and is priced at 3499 Yuan for the 4GB RAM/128GB storage variant and 3999 Yuan for the 6GB RAM and 256 GB storage .