The selfie-centric smartphone has been embroiled in a series of leaks and teasers prior to its launch, and is set to compete with the Lenovo Vibe K5 Note and Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, other smartphones in its class and price range.
Gionee S6s Specifications
The Gionee S6s is a middle-range smartphone featuring a 5.5-inch Full HD display with pixel resolution of 1920
* 1080. The display features 2.5D curved glass, and is layered with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for protection. The smartphone is exquisitely designed and features a fingerprint scanner at the back for added security.
It is powered by an octa-core MediaTek processor with a maximum speed of 1.3 megahertz, and also includes a Mali-T720 GPU. The Gionee S6s comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB with micro SD.
The phone comes with a 13MP PDAF rear snapper which uses a Sony IMX258 sensor and has a f/2.0 aperture. The camera is capable of recording videos at 1080 pixels, and is bundled along with a LED flash.
At the front of the device sits a 5MP selfie shooter with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash and 5P lens. Evidence that the Gionee S6s is a camera-centric device is seen in the colourful borders of the main camera.
The Gionee S6s comes with a hybrid dual-SIM slot which supports 4G LTE network connectivity. The smartphone also supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and GPS navigation.
The smartphone draws power from a 3,150mAh battery and runs on Amigo UI 3.2, which is built on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Here is a summary of the full specifications of the Gionee S6s:
- 5.5-inch Full HD Display with 1920
*1080 pixel resolution and 2.5D curved glass.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Fingerprint Sensor.
- Dimensions: 154.5
- Weight: N/A.
- 1.3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 Processor chip.
- Mali-T720 GPU.
- 3GB RAM.
- 32GB ROM, expandable with micro SD up to 128GB.
- 3,150mAh battery.
- 13MP Rear Camera with LED Flash, 0.3s PDAF, f/2.0 aperture and Sony IMX258 sensor.
- 8MP Selfie Camera with 5P lens, f/2.2 aperture, and LED flash.
- Hybrid Dual-SIM (Micro-SIM Nano-SIM/micro SD) Slot.
- 4G LTE with VoLTE Support.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo UI 3.2.
Gionee S6s Price in India
The Gionee S6s comes in a variety of Gold color variants like Mocha Gold, Latte Gold and Rose Gold. It also comes in Silver colour variant, and is priced at Rs. 17,999/$267. It will be available for sale later on.
If you’re looking to purchase the Gionee S6s online, you would be able to buy it only on Amazon India. The phone will be available also in offline retail stores across the country.