Manufactured in collaboration with Y! Mobile and search engine giant Google, the Sharp 507SH is Sharp’s and Japan first waterproof and dustproof Android One smartphone.The phone higlights a water and dust proof design, 13MP camera, 3,010 battery rated at three days of usage and of course a very low price tag .
According to Sharp, the Sharp 507SH is IPX5-, IPX8-, and IP5X-certified for both dust and water resistance, but keep in mind that the water resistance only extends to fresh water — dunk the Sharp 507SH in salt water at the beach and you are almost guaranteed to get a damaged phone.
The low cost Sharp 507SH comes with a 5-inch IGZO LCD display, a Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor,2GB RAM, expandable 16GB of internal storage, a 13MP rear camera, a 5MP front camera, LTE, Bluetooth 4.2 and a 3,010mAh battery.
The device boots Android 6.0 out of the box and as an Android One Phone it is sure to get the Android 7.0 (Nougat) when it becomes available later this year.
Sharp 507SH Specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IGZO display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 200GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 13.1MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 142 × 71 × 8.8mm; Weight: 135g
- Waterproof (IPX5 / IPX8) and dustproof (IP5X)
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS
- 3,010mAh battery
The Sharp 507SH is available in Blue, Black and White colors and is exclusive to Y! Mobile in Japan by the end of July. No official pricing details yet,but like most other Android One Phone,the Sharp 507SH is expected to come with a price tag that is below $200.