There has been a lot of Smartphones carrying the Max Moniker from different OEM lately, and one thing common with these phones is the presence of extra-large Display. Huawei’s sub Honor brand is all now set to add to that pool of smartphones as it has teased in some teaser images posted on Weibo recently.
The teaser reveals the upcoming smartphone from Huawei won’t get the Max Moniker though, but would be released as Huawei Honor Note 8, and it is another Smartphone with an extra-large display squarely aimed at challenging the newly unveiled Mi max from Xiaomi.
The teaser didn’t reveal much of the expected specs of the Huawei Honor Note 8,but much details has been confirmed in a certification listing of an Huawei branded device with model number EDI-DL00 .
Information provided by TENNA says the Huawei Honor Note 8 with model number EDI-DL00 will feature a 6.6-inch Quad HD AMOLED display ,an octa-core 2.5GHz processor ,4GB RAM and 64GB storage expandable upto 128GB via MicroSD.
The device is meant to be a Xiaomi Mi Max contender,but failed to measure up with Xiaomi with its 4400mAh battery and 13MP rear camera .The Huawei Honor Note 8 is expected to come with full metal unibody design with a rear mounted Fingerprint sensor.
Huawei Honor Note 8 rumored specifications
- 6.6-inch ( 2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Kirin 950 (2.3GHz 4 x A72 + 1.8GHz 4 x A53) processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 178.8×90.9×7.18mm; Weight: 219g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 4400mAh battery with fast charging
The Huawei Honor Note 8 when announced in the coming weeks/days will come in Gold and Silver colors at a price to be announced later.