Xiaomi Redmi 3s unveiled Price & Specs
Chinese top phone-maker Xiaomi has unveiled the Xiaomi Redmi 3s, a variant of the Xiaomi Redmi 3 released in January 2016. The release of this variation of the Redmi 3 is believed to be in response to the recent release by fierce rival Meizu of the Meizu M3s.
Where To Buy Xiaomi Phones in Nigeria
Buy Xiaomi Phones from Jumia.com
Buy Xiaomi Phones from Kulimart.com
The device sports a 5-inch HD touchscreen display just like the Redmi 3. The Xiaomi Redmi 3s also shares same design concept with that of the Redmi 3, both having a dimension of 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm, and weighing around 144g. It has full metal magnesium alloy unibody design as well.
One clear cut difference between both devices is in the processor unit. The Xiaomi Redmi 3s is powered by an higher Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 processor as against the Snapdragon 616 processor found on the Redmi 3.
In the memory aspect, the Xiaomi Redmi 3s offers two variants, one with 2GB of RAM and 16GB storage and another with 3GB of RAM and 32GB on-board storage. Both variants are expandable via a microSD slot.
In the camera specs, the Xiaomi Redmi 3s has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus of just 0.1 second and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera, similar to the Redmi 3.
A 4,100 mAh battery still runs the show in the Redmi 3s and you get the typical set of connectivity options, like 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS. The Xiaomi Redmi 3s also has hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the secondary nano SIM slot as a microSD slot when required.
Xiaomi Redmi 3s specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage / 3GB LPDDR3 (eMMC5.1) RAM with 32GB internal storage expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery / 4100mAh (typical)
Xiaomi Redmi 3s Price
The Xiaomi Redmi 3s comes in Dark grey, silver and gold colors and is priced at 699 yuan (US$ 106/Rs. 7120 in India) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version and the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs 899 yuan (US$ 136/Rs. 9165 in India). Both the variants will go on sale starting in China from June 16th through mi.com. It is not known when the device will ship internationally.