The Xiaomi Mi Max phablet with an expansive 6.44-inch screen size has been unveiled by the Chinese tech giant.Xiaomi, which is tipped to be the next big thing in the smartphone industry, unveiled the phone today and it comes fully loaded with the specifications we had predicted it’ll come with.
Where To Buy Xiaomi Phones in Nigeria
Buy Xiaomi Phones from Jumia.com
Buy Xiaomi Phones from Kulimart.com
Apart from the massive 6.44-inch screen, the Xiaomi Mi Max boasts of an impressive 4,850mAh battery.
The phone which weighs a hefty 203g, comes in three different versions. The topmost version has a Snapdragon 652 chipset, 4GB RAM and a huge 128GB storage. There’s another version which equally comes with a Snapdragon 652 chipset but 3GB RAM and 64GB storage.
The third version, which also is the most affordable model, uses the Snapdragon 650 chipset instead and has 3GB Ram and 32GB storage.
The screen resolution which before now was not known has equally been revealed as 1080p on all three versions. Also, all three versions have a hybrid dual-SIM slot so that you can add more storage.
The Xiaomi Mi Max runs the new MIUI 8 (based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow). The phone has a fingerprint sensor on the back for extra security. The massive Max also boasts of a camera with 16MP shooter as well as dual-LED flash and a 5MP selfie camera (with an 85° lens).
The Xiaomi Mi Max will equally be available in Silver, Light Grey and Gold and would go on sales starting May 17.
Xiaomi Mi Max specifications
- 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 1000 : 1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 / Octa Core Snapdragon 652 processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, 4GB with 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 173.1×88.3×7.5mm; Weight: 203g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4850mAh (typical) / 4760mAh (minimum) battery
As you would expect, the three versions comes with varied price tags. While the Snapdragon 650/3GB/32GB version will cost CNY 1,500 ($230/€200), the version with Snapdragon 652/3GB/64GB costs CNY 1,700 ($260/€230) and finally the topmost version with Snapdragon 652/4GB/128GB will go for CNY 2,000 ($300/€270). The price of the three versions of the Xiaomi Mi Max when available in Nigeria will range between N100,000 to N120,000.