Aside rolling out the Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus, Motorola also released the Moto G4 Play moments after the release of the G4 and G4 Plus in India.
The Moto G4 Play is billed as a budget 4G smartphone which comes with a 5-inch screen size with a 1280 x 720 pixels high definition display.
The Moto G4 Play is powered by a 1.4 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor which is the same chipset the Moto G (3rd Gen) came with.
The G4 Play however comes with an improvement in the camera department. The phone boasts of a 8-mega pixel rear camera with LED flash, 1080p for video recording and a 5-mega pixel front-facing camera for selfies.
The Moto G4 Play comes with dual-SIM support and has a nano coating on its body which gives it water resistant capabilities. The smartphone also boasts of 2GB RAM with an internal memory of 16GB which can be expanded with the addition of a memory card slot.
The phone which runs Android 6.0 out of the box comes in black color only and carries a 2800mAh battery with Quick charging capability. The 10W fast charger promises battery life of several hours after just few minutes of charging.
Motorola Moto G4 Play specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display
- 1.4 GHz quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 144.4x72x8.95-9.9 mm; Weight: 137g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS
- 2800mAh battery with Quick Charge
The Motorola Moto G4 Play will roll out globally starting later next month but there’s no word yet on the price.