You may no longer need to keep dreaming of a time when Smartphones would b sold for the price of the cheapest Nokia touch phone.That thought or dream is now a reality as a new Android phone has just surfaced on the net and its been Marketed for less than $10.
The Smartphone in question according to Motherboard who first spotted the phone is referred to as TracFone LG Prepaid Lucky LG16 is made by LG and Marketed by TracFone Wireless in the US and has since been listed on Walmart with a price tag of $9.82 (around £7, €9) minus shipment charges.
The Lucky LG16 though a basic Smartphone is targeted at first time users and it is enable them have a first hand experience of Google’s Android OS without emptying their Bank account.
Specwise,the Lucky LG16 is little short of a full smartphone featuring a 3.8in TFT touchscreen display ,a 1.2GHz dual-core processor ,a 3-megapixel rear camera sensor with VGA video recording ,but without a front facing camera.
TracFone LG Prepaid Lucky LG16 Smartphone:
- 3.8″ touchscreen display
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) OS
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 3 megapixel camera/video recorder
- 3G/WiFi capable
- 4GB microSD card (included in phone)
- Bluetooth v4.0 wireless technology
- Access to over 1,000,000 apps and more on Google Play
- Supports microSD memory card up to 32GB (not included)
- MP3 player
- Proximity sensor
- Talk Time: up to 7.3 h
- Standby Time: up to 9.9 days
- Includes activation card, services guide, charger and Quick User Guide
The phone runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat with a battery rating of up to 7.3 hours of talktime and last up to 9.9 days on standby.
What do you think of the Lucky LG16?