Samsung at the 2016 CES has just announced two new and elegant version of its Galaxy Gear S2, dubbed the “Samsung Gear S2 Classic 18K Rose Gold and Platinum editions”. In essence, Samsung Gear S2 Classic 18K Rose Gold and Platinum editions are just variants of Gear S2 Classic. As their name implies, the Samsung Gear S2 Classic 18K rose Gold is encased in 18K Rose Gold while the Platinum edition is embedded in Platinum.
Aside the Color differences,other Specs remains same as the Tizen OS powered Samsung galaxy Gear s2 which has a 1.2-inch ( 360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED displays, rotating bezel ,a Home and Back buttons which ensure easy access to notifications and applications .
The Galaxy Gear S2 is IP67 certified for dust and water resistant, supports Bluetooth 4.1 LE connectivity with support for NFC used in mobile payment.
Samsung Gear S2 classic Specifications
- 1.2-inch (360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED display, 302 ppi
- 1 GHz Dual-Core Exynos 3250 processor
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory
- Tizen based wearable platform
- IP67 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, Barometer
- 250mAh Li-ion battery
The Gear S2 classic in Rose Gold will come with an ivory genuine leather band while the Gear s2 Platinum will come with a black genuine leather band.Samsung says the device will be available from February at a yet to be disclosed price next month. Pricing has not yet been confirmed.